Hi there! Are you looking forward to impressing your buddies in your next hangout with amazing dart skills? If you are, then you’ve come to the right place. We are Edmonton City Dart League association and we are here to share with you the secrets of a successful dart throw.
How to be good in darts according to professional players:
There are a lot of things to consider when playing darts, contrary to what other people believe, darts is a game that requires tactics and professional skills. For you to become a good player, you must first master the 3 factors of throwing darts. Here’s everything you need to know to get started in your dart improvement journey!
The physical aspect is broad and mostly consists of the stance, grip, position, throwing technique, follow-through, and many more. Here’s how you can improve your physical aspect to give the best and most accurate throw in darts:
- Position yourself behind the throwline by having a straight line with your target. You can do this by extending your arms and aligning yourself with the board.
- Choose the grip you are most comfortable with. There are 4 common grips in darts which are the two, three, four, and five-finger grip. No grip is better than the other, so all you have to do is choose which grip you are most comfortable with.
- Practice your arm position. Your arm up to your elbow should be straight in front of you with your forearm raised.
Mental health is a topic that is untouched in the world of darts, but it holds significance in the game that cannot be ignored. The mental aspect of darts involves confidence, self-control, anxiety management, and anger management. Let’s see how you can improve mentally before your dart game!
- Practice dart inner game. It is a game wherein you play alone so all your focus will be on your target.
- Quiet all the outside noises and remove distractions. Pay attention only to your body and your game.
- Alleviate negative emotions.
Sometimes you’ll realize that skills alone aren’t enough. You have to have the right equipment to be on top of your game. The variability in your equipment can have either a positive or negative effect on your overall performance. Here are some tips in picking the right equipment:
- Take note of the weight. There are a lot of dart weights available. People often mistake light darts as the better dart but in reality, any dart weight can be the best, depending on who uses it. Pick a weight that you are most comfortable with.
- Know your grip. There are two types of grip for darts: soft and rough grips. If you have soft hands, softer grips are the best for you. The opposite goes for those with rough calloused hands.